Direct transfer linkFrom Orly Airport to Gare Du Saint Lazare
or book your transfer in another area from Orly airport
Orly airport to Gare Saint Lazare transfer
Gare Saint Lazare is one of Paris oldest train stations. Built in 1837 to serve the Paris to Saint-Germain line. It is located in the 8th district (Arrondissement) of Paris.
The station offers rail service to Normandy and to Great Britain, via Dieppe. The Gare Saint Lazare transits an average of 400,000 travelers a day and is now undergoing extensive renovation and modernization.
The magnificent historic facade has already been restored. The respect for the architecture in terms of restoration is essential as the Gare St Lazare is inventoried to be a Parisian Historic Monument.
The work of expansion and restoration for the TGV is expected to be complete by the end of 2007. In the meantime everything is fully operational.
Location: 13, rue d’Amsterdam
Claude Monet immortalized the station in 1877 with his painting of the same name. In 1985, two works by Arman were added to La Cour du Havre and La Cour de Rome: L'Heure de tous (Everybody's Time) and Consigne à vie (Checked Luggage for a Lifetime) respectively.
The present building embraces the old structures and presents a 17th century Beaux-Arts style facade. The hotel Terminus is the most important example of an association between these two functions as it was built to accommodate
travelers coming to the Universal Exhibition of 1889.
The first station at St Lazare was 200 m north-west of its current position, and it was called Embarcadère des Batignolles.
The first line served was the single-track line to St Germain-en-Laye. In 1843 St-Lazare was the operated for three lines, by the end of 1900 this number had tripled. The station after several enlargements had 14 platforms in 1854, whereas now has 27 platforms sorted in six destination groups.