Book your transfer from Heraklion airport
Free Child seats in many destinations
Top quality vehicles used
No shared transfers or stopovers
No hidden charges
Covered on arrival delays
Instant on line confirmation
Book as soon as 24 hours prior to your arrival!
1-4, 5-8, 9-16, and 17-30 vehicle capacity
Heraklion airport transfers and Heraklion airport guide
The Heraklion Airport, which is situated on Crete, is officially named “Nikos Kazantzakis”. The name derives by the world famous writer and philosopher, who is best known by the story “Zorba the Greek”.
The airport lies at the edge of Heraklion (Iraklio). An average traffic of five million passengers per year places the airport amongst the most significant ones in Europe. The terminal building is quite small and it can get pretty busy and congested.
The Greek Air Force also uses the airport. Therefore photography is officially prohibited.
Full Airport Name
Heraklion International Airport, Nikos Kazantzakis
Address: Ikarou str, N Alikarnassos, 71601, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
IATA airport code: HER
ICAO airport code: LGIR
Number of Terminals: 1
Location:The airport is located 5km (3 miles) east of the city of Heraklion
Information and Help Desks: There is one information desk in the terminal, located centrally in the departures area operating 24 hours a day.
Money and communications:
ATM located in the departures area / payphones are available.
Eating and drinking:
One restaurant and six snack-bars at the airport.
There are two duty-free shops, located in the departure areas for Schengen and non-Schengen countries. There is also a kiosk selling a variety of local and other products including spirits, chocolates, newspapers and cigarettes.
There are four handling agents at the airport, and each one has its own lost and found service.
Baby changing facilities are available. Conference and Business Facilities A VIP lounge is located in the check-in area Facilities for Disabled Travellers:
Facilities for disabled people include reserved parking spaces, ramps and toilets that are easily accessible to wheelchair users.
Airlines and destinations
- Aegean Airlines(Athens, Larnaca, Thessaloniki)
- airBaltic (Riga)
- Air Berlin (Berlin-Tegel, Dormund, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Erfurt, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Nuremberg, Paderborn/Lippstadt, Stuttgart, Zürich) [seasonal]
- Air Finland (Helsinki)
- Air Malta (Luqa)
- Arkia Israel Airlines (Tel Aviv)
- Arkefly (Amsterdam)
- Austrian Airlines (Linz, Salzburg, Vienna)
- Belair (Basel, Geneva, Zurich)
- Centralwings (Warsaw)
- Condor Airlines (Berlin-Schönefeld, Berlin-Tegel, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Leipzig/Halle, Munich, Nuremberg, Stuttgart) [seasonal]
- Corsairfly (Paris)
- Cyprus Airways (Larnaca)
- Czech Airlines (Prague) [begins 30 May]
- easyJet (London-Gatwick [begins 31 March], Manchester [begins 2 May])
- Estonian Air (Tallinn)
- Eurocypria Airlines (Dublin, Cork, Shannon, Larnaca)
- Eurofly (Milan)
- First Choice Airways (Belfast,Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham)
- Hamburg International (Friedrichshafen, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Luxembourg, Saarbrücken) [seasonal]
- Germanwings (Cologne/Bonn)
- Jat Airways (Belgrade, Niš)
- Jet2.com (Leeds-Bradford [begins 20 May])
- Kavminvodyavia (Mineralnye Vody)
- KD Avia (Kaliningrad)
- KLM Cityhopper (Amsterdam)
- KrasAir (Krasnoyarsk)
- Lauda Air (Vienna)
- Malév Hungarian Airlines (Budapest, Debrecen)
- Martinair (Amsterdam)
- Monarch Airlines (Dublin)
- Montenegro Airlines
- Niki (Graz, Linz, Salzburg, Vienna) [seasonal]
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (Oslo)
- Novair (Stockholm-Arlanda)
- Olympic Airlines (Athens, Thessaloniki, Rhodos, Sitia)
- Rossiya (Saint Petersburg)
- Smart Wings
- Sky Express (Rhodos, Santorini, Mitilini, Kos)
- S7 Airlines (Moscow-Domodedovo)
- TNT Airways
- Transaero Airlines (Moscow-Vnukovo)
- transavia.com (Amsterdam)
- TUIfly (Basel-Mulhouse, Berlin-Tegel, Bremen, Cologne-Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Leipzig/Halle, Memmingen, Munich, Münster/Osnabrück, Nuremberg, Stuttgart, Zweibrücken, Zürich) [seasonal]
- Viking Airlines (Dublin, Lisbon)
- Wizz Air (Budapest, Katowice)
- XL Airways (Belfast-International)